Stress Management & Mental Health
Emergency Call-In Support:
- Felton Institute San Francisco Suicide Prevention provides a 24-hour hotline for people experiencing mental health crises. 415-781-0500
Non-Emergent Call-In Support:
- Institute on Aging offers a 24-hour friendship line for people 60 years and older, adults with disabilities and those feeling isolated. 800-971-0016
- Mental Health Association of San Francisco has a 24-hour peer-run line for nonemergency emotional support. 855-845-7415
App-Based and Web-Based Support:
- Headspace meditation app has a library of guided meditations.
- Ten Percent Happier app offers guided meditations, coronavirus-focused sessions (free of charge) and a daily virus-focused livestream and Q&A.
- Virus Anxiety website has mantras, write-in mental health questions and calming distractions.
- Living with worry and anxiety amidst global uncertainty [CLICK HERE]
- “Our calm is contagious: how to use mindfulness in a pandemic” An interview with clinical psychologist and meditation teacher Tara Brach, PhD
- “Coping with Coronavirus: An upside of anxiety, the curse of panic” An opinion piece by psychologist and UCSF professor Elissa Epel, PhD
- “Anxiety contagion: tips for relief” Practical cognitive and behavioral tips clinical psychologist Rachel Zoffness, PhD