Psychiatrists & Psychologists Across The State Of California
Whether you have difficulty falling asleep, getting back to sleep after waking or staying asleep until your alarm in the morning, you are not alone. Poor sleep is an epidemic, affecting one out of three American adults. But there are treatments that work! At The Clinic, with locations across the state of California, California, our experts provide effective, sleep treatments that do not require the use of medications. The Clinic will also soon service patients out of its new Berkeley and Marin locations.
Insomnia Q & A
What is Insomnia?
When Should Treatment for Insomnia Be Sought?
Why is a Good Night's Sleep So Important?
- Daytime fatigue/low energy
- Difficulty concentrating
- Short-term memory problems
- Cognitive “slowing”
- Depressed or anxious mood
- Increased risk for medical illness, such as: obesity, cardiovascular disease, and chronic pain.
Can Sleep Medications Help?
What is Behavioral Sleep Medicine?
- Fall asleep faster
- Stay asleep through the night and early morning
- Get more restful sleep
- Reduce or eliminate use of sleep medication
- Adjust to continuous positive airway pressure therapies (CPAP) for sleep apnea
- Adjust the body clock (for night owls or morning larks)
- Reduce effects of jet lag
- Reduce effects of shift-work