Psychiatrists & Psychologists Across The State Of California
Sexual health is an essential part of our physical, emotional and relational wellbeing. At The Clinic, with locations across the state of California, we offer personalized and effective treatments to resolve sexual problems, optimize sexual health and enhance sexual relationships.
Sexual Health Q & A
Why is Healthy Sexuality Important?
Sexual problems may reflect other challenges in the relationship such as miscommunication or difficulties with intimacy. For some couples, these other factors may need to be addressed before or in conjunction with working on the sexual relationship.
How Common are Sexual Problems?
We can help you:
- Regain healthy sexual function
- Recover your sexuality after a sexual trauma
- Spice up your sex life
- Recover your sexual relationship after an infidelity
- Explore alternative expressions of sexuality
- Maintain a vibrant sex life throughout the lifespan
- Rediscover sex after cancer, diabetes, prostatectomy or infertility
What Causes Sexual Problems?
Our experts can help with a range of problems including:
- Low sexual desire
- Sexual performance anxiety while dating or in a relationship
- Discrepant sexual desire (having higher or lower desire than your sexual partner)
- Sexual boredom
- Difficulty becoming physically or mentally aroused
- Sexual pain
- Sex after infertility
- Sex after cancer
- Delayed orgasm
- Inability to orgasm
- Erectile dysfunction
- Vaginismus (involuntary vaginal constriction)
- Painful intercourse
- Sexual aversion
- Early ejaculation
- Compulsive or impulsive sexual behaviors
- Lack of sexual skill
- Desire to explore or deepen erotic connection
- Desire to explore sexual kinks or fetishes
- Consensually non-monogamous relationships
What are My Treatment Options?
Treatment for sexual problems is goal-oriented and time-limited. You and your provider will work closely together to identify your treatment goals, and interventions will be tailored to create a specific treatment plan. Your treatment plan may involve evidence-based sex therapy, combined sex and couple therapy, hormone therapy and/or medication evaluation, if desired.
Our team of sexual health experts are experienced in treating a diverse range of patients including those who identify with the LGBT, kink and/or queer communities. We are also experienced working with couples who are wanting to explore alternative sexual lifestyles.
What Can I Expect?
While you may be given exercises to do in the comfort and safety of your own home, treatment for sexual problems will never involve any form of physical contact between you and your doctor or between you and your partner during your appointment. While sex and sexuality are often difficult topics to explore, your expert provider will do their absolute best to make you and/or your partner feel comfortable.
Our goal is to give you the tools and support you need to have an intimate, fulfilling and passionate sex life. This may include helping you to increase desire, eroticism, pleasure, and satisfaction. Your provider will work closely with you to make sure all treatment interventions are respectful and sensitive to your cultural and religious values.