Psychiatrists & Psychologists Across The State Of California
Inadequate sleep is an epidemic in our country, putting the health and safety of both adolescents and adults at risk. The Clinic, with locations across the state of California, offers effective, non-drug treatment of sleep disorders, including insomnia, obstructive sleep apnea, nightmares, circadian rhythm disorder, shift-work sleep disorders, jet lag disorders, and more.
Sleep Disorders Q & A
What Sleep Disorders are Treated at The Clinic?
- Insomnia, a difficulty in falling or staying asleep that negatively impacts daytime functioning, affects 10%-20% of adults. At The Clinic, we have successfully treated insomnia in many adults and adolescents, including those who’ve previously exhausted other treatments.
- Difficulties acclimating to a CPAP/biPAP for obstructive sleep apnea. Approximately 22 million Americans suffer from obstructive sleep apnea, many of whom require the use of a CPAP machine, which can be difficult to get used to and, initially, can disturb the sleep. We have proven strategies that can help you adjust to PAP therapy and get the healthy sleep your body needs.
- Nightmares, defined as frightening, sometimes recalled dreams followed by agitated wakefulness, can become an ongoing disorder that negatively impacts your ability to function during the day.
- Circadian rhythm sleep-wake disorder, especially common among adolescents and young adults, is characterized by immense difficulty in being able to fall asleep until extremely late at night, followed by difficulty waking up and functioning in the morning.
- Jet-lag and the sleep challenges of shift work can benefit from tools and techniques used to stabilize or reset one’s biological clock and help falling asleep and staying asleep more likely.