Psychiatrists & Psychologists located in San Francisco, CA, San Jose, CA, Palo Alto, CA, Berkeley, CA, & Marin County, CA
The goal of psychotherapy is to help you develop a deeper understanding of yourself, your patterns, and your relationships. At the same time psychotherapy provides tools to maximize well-being and minimize distress. Whether you’ve been battling depression, anxiety or another mental health condition for years, or are just now navigating a stressful situation, such as a divorce or death of a loved one, psychotherapy with one of The Clinic’s highly-skilled doctors can provide life-changing help. The Clinic, offers six locations in San Francisco (Pacific Heights and FiDi), Palo Alto, San Jose, Berkeley, and Marin County, California.
Psychotherapy Q & A
How Does Psychotherapy Work?
What Type of Problems Can Be Addressed with Psychotherapy?
- Attention deficient hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Anxiety and panic disorders
- Social anxiety
- Relationship conflict
- Bipolar disorder
- Chronic disease management
- Life transition
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Stress and burnout
- Sexual problems
- Substance abuse
- Weight loss
How Do I Know If I Need Psychotherapy?
- Have you felt overwhelming sadness for a prolonged period?
- Do you feel stuck? Have you not been able to move past your current problems, despite help from friends and family?
- Is it difficult to concentrate and fulfill your day to day responsibilities?
- Do you constantly worry?
- Is your use of alcohol, drugs or other vices harming you or your relationships with others?
- Do you notice that you keep getting into the same types of relationships…that don’t work?
- Do you want to understand yourself on a deeper level?
How Effective is Psychotherapy?
Among our team of mental health professionals, we have doctors who have expertise in a variety of treatment methods. When you call our team, we will help you find the right treatment for you.
The Clinic is specialized in the following areas:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT)
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR)
- Sensate focus
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Emotion Focused Therapy (EFT)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Insomnia (CBTi)
- Brief Behavioral Therapy (BBT)
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy (IPT)
- Art therapy
- Control mastery
- Psychodynamic psychotherapy
- Time Limited Dynamic Psychotherapy (TLDP)
- Attachment-focused therapy
- Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT)
- Prolonged Exposure (PE)
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Motivational Interviewing (MI)
- TEAM-CBT therapy
- Solution focused therapy
- Positive psychology
Choose your preferred location
The Clinic, San Francisco, CA
2095 Van Ness Ave,
San Francisco, CA 94109
The Clinic, Palo Alto, CA
512 Hamilton Ave,
Palo Alto, CA 94301
The Clinic, San Jose, CA
2011 Forest Avenue, Suite 10
San Jose, CA 95158
The Clinic, La Jolla, CA
888 Prospect Street
La Jolla, CA 92037
The Clinic, San Francisco, CA
100 Bush Street, 1428,
San Francisco, CA 94104
The Clinic, Corte Madera, CA
100 Meadowcreek Drive, #115,
Corte Madera, CA 94925
The Clinic, Berkeley, CA
46 Shattuck Square, Suite 24,
Berkeley, CA 94704
The Clinic, Los Angeles, CA
1901 Avenue of the Stars #200,
Los Angeles, CA 90067